International Tax

Helping entrepreneurs with cross-border
operations and investments

Our professionals have the expertise to assist you with international tax issues.

If you have operations or investments outside the U.S. or if you are a foreign national with activities in the U.S., we can help you develop a tax strategy to minimize your tax exposure.

Who We Help


Some of the most complex rules in the tax code concern individuals and businesses with operations outside the U.S. Moreover, the complexity and breadth of these rules was significantly expanded as a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA). Therefore, in the current environment, it is critical that you make sure you stay up-to-date with all international tax filing requirements.


U.S. Individuals with foreign operations


U.S.-based companies with foreign subsidiaries


U.S. citizens living abroad


Foreign nationals living in the U.S.


Foreign companies expanding to the U.S. market


Non-U.S. individuals with investments in U.S. real estate

Federal, State, and Local Tax Filings

Special rules apply to individuals and companies with cross-border operations. A frequent area of inquiry from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the state tax examiners involves issues relating to cross-border investments and operations. We can assist you with ensuring you are in compliance with all U.S. tax reporting requirements.


Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) Reporting

U.S. persons and companies are required to file an FBAR every year reporting certain interests in foreign financial accounts and foreign assets, including some foreign retirement plans. The failure to file can subject you to substantial penalties.


Foreign Information Reporting Requirements

U.S. persons, including companies, partnerships, trusts and estates, are required to file certain information reporting forms with their federal return to report foreign activities, operations, and assets located outside the U.S. The information reported on these forms may have an impact on your taxable income if earnings from the foreign operations are required to be included in income on a current basis under the U.S. international tax rules.


International Tax Consulting

There are a number of specific provisions and exclusions that may apply to U.S individuals and businesses with investments outside the U.S. or foreigners with activities or operations in the U.S. We can assist you with navigating the complex rules in the tax code that relate to cross-border arrangements. Specifically, we can advise on the following:


  • Foreign tax credit planning
  • Subpart F income rules
  • Global Intangible Low-Taxed Income (GILTI) rules
  • Base Erosion and Anti-Abuse Tax (BEAT)
  • New Section 163(j) interest deduction limitations
  • Foreign-Derived Intangible Income (FDII) deduction
  • Transfer pricing considerations
  • Income tax treaties

See how our team can build a tax strategy to achieve your goals and maximize your income today.